Thursday 23 December 2010

Counting the days

So it is now the day before Christmas eve and I can't wait to have some time off. I am *hopefully* flying out tomorrow to Geneva to spend Christmas with Mr & Mrs M and even more hopefully will actually be able to ski this year!

It has been a good couple of years since I was last able to ski, I have had a stupid ankle thing (well not so stupid as it feels liek my ankle is going to break) but am really hoping that it was the boots rather than the leg. I will be absolutely gutted if I can't ski anymore as I love it (and the Apres!). Hire boots & skis this year to see if I can get it mastered and return to my former skiing ability!

The DG and her family are going to be there as well so I woujld imagine alcohol will be included at some point (have already been told that the beer is being kept cold in rpeparation for my arrival!). It is really nice to be able to spend some time with everyone before going to Oz as won't be able to do this for a while!

It has been a long year and I am very much looking forward to the exciting times to come in 2011...who knows what is going to happen? I have always been the planning ahead kind of person so I am quite enjoying the fact that I don't know what is going to happen once I get to Oz...the world is my lobster (as one of my lovely friends would say!). The plan as it stands is 12mths in Oz, and then to take a couple of months travelling back via New Zealand, Fiji, America and Canada before heading back to the UK in about April 2012 - hopefully with a clearer idea with what I want to do with my future!

There are a lot of hopes in this blog but answer me this....what is life without hope?

1 comment:

  1. You can say that again. Hope is everything. PS Can I come too? C

    ReplyDelete