Monday 3 January 2011

wibble wobble...here I go!

It was strange today, I was walking to get my car (dinner at a friends last night) and had a little bit of a wobble about the big changes coming. Don't get me wrong, I am not debating the choices I have made and I am really looking forwarding to everything that is coming but the realisation of the decisions I have made is quite overwhelming sometimes!

I had the first wobble when Mrs M was here to help with the sorting of the house where I threw a mini (or not so mini if you speak to Mrs M) strop about getting rid of things. I am a control freak anyway and my mind was running away from me with ideas of permanent moves and not coming back. Glad Mrs M was there as she gave me the reality check I needed and reminded me that I am only packing up the house for a year at the moment, if things change then I will have to come back but I needed to keep in the now and not be looking past the next 12 mths....see what happens!

The one today was pretty minor and was more "is this change going to be that bigger change or are things just going to be the same but in another country"...all is good though as put myself into place and have again reminded myself that this trip is about taking the pressure off, its not meant to be the same and without a FT job then things will be different, plus the travelling round a different country will be fab.

I am sure this is going to happen quite a few times in the next 8 weeks or so before I leave - and probably when I am there, sorry DG! There seem to be triggers (1st - packing up the house, 2nd - festive celebrations with family and friends) so just need to keep in mind they are bound to happen and that it might not be plain sailing over the next few months but hey at least for once I am grabbing life by the short and curlies and making it what I want rather than coasting which I had been doing for the last couple of years.

Change is a coming and I am really pleased that it is, just have to remember to embrace it rather than shy away from it!

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you Liz!!!!! I look up to you.... safe travels! You deserve everything you want in life! hugs and kisses
    Tayla
    P.S
    I miss you:(

    ReplyDelete