Wednesday 24 August 2011

A piece of paper...

So after 10 weeks of 14 hour days on a Monday and a Wednesday the event course I have been doing is finally over and I got my grade today and I got a distinction with 86.5% overall!

The course itself wasn't particularly ground breaking and having been in the events industry for over 10 years now (eek!) I could have taught a fair few of the lectures but what I really enjoyed from it was the opportunity to lead the group I was working in and doing a creative pitch to a charity.

The concept was fairly straightforward, they wanted a community fundraiser to raise money, awareness and to increase the community support in Queensland so we came up with a fundraising campaign that ended in an awareness week.

The charity was Redkite - a children's cancer charity so our fundraising campaign involved nurseries and primary schools registering for a fundraising pack that enabled them to organise their own fundraising day where during the day they flew kites. Nice and simple and it went down a storm with the client - it will be interesting to see if they decide to run with it!

Anyway it looks like I am in the right career....lucky really as I don't plan on changing anytime soon! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment