Tuesday 15 March 2011

Joining the Australian rat race!

I start my first temporary work assignment on Monday. I have no idea what I am going to be doing but I am sure it wil be fine. Central Brisbane for 8 working days, better pay than the UK which is always an added bonus. I am quite looking forward to it to be honest, will be nice to be out and about and meeting people.

I had an interview with a agency today who I was in touch with at the end of last year about a job that fell through in the end but he wants to approach them about my CV anyway to see if there is a possibility of contract work in the near future. I am kind of in 2 minds about it all, firstly I have just registered with agency 1 and they have a few bits and pieces coming up which could fill my time and earn me some A$ (I really only want work at the moment to cover living expenses so I can use my savings for the more fun bits!). Secondly, I have only been here a couple of weeks and I am not sure if I want to get a permanent job yet....I am still getting to know stuff about the area and whether I like it or not. I am happy to do some short term contract work but I'm just not sure yet on the permanent side of things and I don't think I will be for a while.

I think if I stick to my plan of temping for the next few months and doing my event course to get an idea of things then I can either start looking for a permanent job or I can do more temping/travelling before heading home at some point next year.....

All these decisions to make.....but not really needing to make any at the same time....god I love being a pisces and not being able to make decisions easily for myself! Give me someone elses problems and I can suggest things to do but when it comes to my stuff I really struggle to decide what I want! Ah well I am not in any rush, am loving this take things as they come lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment